Check out my Photo Gallery located below


Examen and Encourage

I had an amazingly encouraging experience last week. I will let the transcript of the emails tell all:

To: Rich and Audrey Amy
"As I was reading this morning, I thought about the two of you and felt I needed to send you a word or two.

As our time from the DR gets more distant, I've been praying that He will keep the fire lit (and He has) and that Julie and I will keep the work in the forefront of our minds and He has. I pray also for you as the transition of Cory and Laura Beth is tough for you.

God can do amazing things: through us, around us, and despite us. Despite the relational barriers and crazy human tendencies that drive us crazy, He is in control. I wanted to encourage you as the Lambs leave and let you know I am praying for you and your relationships with the rest of the missionaries.

I am also praying for your time with Rich's family. I hope that is going well and will be an encouragement versus the alternative.

Specifically, this is the prayer made on your behalf:

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
- Eph 3:14-21

God has placed the two of you on my heart today and I am driven to think and pray for you without ceasing (not sure why, but He does).

You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you."


Now to the encouraging part: I got a reply from Audrey within 20 minutes! For those of you who don't understand the technological difficulties of this, it's just crazy! God's timing was completely controlling this situation.

From: Rich and Audrey Amy
"I know why... the Spirit put us there! Thank God for that! We have had a rough week. I was seriously tearing up when I received your e-mail.

You guys are in our hearts, thoughts and prayers also. We know that seeing your path can be very unclear sometimes but, we pray for unmistakable clarity and have complete faith that God will reveal that at the perfect time.

We love you guys! We are so thankful to have your friendship and support! Dios les bendiga."


Wow! God is so good. I wrote praying for 3 specific things and those 3 things are the things they are struggling with. That's just plain nuts!

Our small group discussed the spiritual disciplines of encouragement and examen this week, what better timing than for this to happen!

For more information on Examen check out:
http://www.norprov.org/spirituality/ignatianprayer.htm
http://www.examen.me/


The 3rd step in the prayer of Examen is to ask for awareness of the Holy Spirit. If I had not been aware of God's pulling at my heartt to pray for Rich and Audrey, I would not have this story to encourage you with.

I pray that you are aware of God's will and presence in your life, case and point.

Labels:

0 Responses to “Examen and Encourage”

Post a Comment